Our mission is to teach young athletes to play basketball at a highly competitive level. We believe in giving them a firm foundation in the many individual skills required to be a strong basketball player.
Equally important, our coaches teach their players to use these skills effectively as a team. While our goal is to field teams that can compete at the regional and national level, we also field local developmental area teams.
We are hopeful that our players, at every level, will consistently demonstrate continued improvement over time.
UPDATE TO TEAM RISE PROGRAM AS OF MAY 1, 2019
We are one month away from finishing our Team RISE Basketball Youth Spring season. We wanted to inform you of the changes we will be making to our upcoming placement clinic format and league. We want to improve the skill level of the players, teams and division structure. When we place beginner players with the more skilled player, it slows the beginner’s player development and they usually get less playing time. Practices will become much more productive for both players. It will also become more fun for the players and parents.
The following changes will take place:
- All players will be placed on teams where all players are equal in skill. Beginner players will be placed with beginner players, intermediate with more skilled players and so on.
- All NEW and RETURNING players must attend one of the scheduled placement clinics.
- If you miss both dates for any reason, we will place you in a practice for a try out to see where your child will fit best. This is only if we have available spots and after placement of players who did attend the clinic.
- The 7/8u coed players do NOT need to attend placement if they plan to return to the same team. If they wish to move up then they will be required to attend placement.
- All current rosters will be cleared out and anyone who does not attend one of the placement clinics will not be placed even if you are a returning player.
- We will not take requests to place players together on the same team unless they have equal skill level.
- We will take requests for practice times. Not sure you want to put this. Some outside coaches may think we will have practice time available.
- We will be offering a competitive and recreational level in all age groups except the 7/8u coed.
- All registered girls’ teams will be playing in the boys divisions. However, we will allow a team to play down one age group if needed. If enough girl’s teams register in the same age group, we will not need to do this.
Player placement dates are located on the home page of www.riserockwall.com.
**Players Need To Bring a Basketball**
*A $100.00 dollar deposit is due at time of placement clinic to ensure roster spot is secured
*Price does not include RISE Player Membership Card or Team RISE Basketball Jerseys
*Team RISE Season Fee $175.00
(includes 8 practices, 8 games and playoffs for the top 4 teams in each division)
*RISE Player Membership card – $20.00
*Team RISE Jerseys $35.00 for both game jersey and shorts
*Full season fee and Membership Card must be paid in full by the second game.
Phone 972-772-9061 or
Arrive 30 minutes early to sign in and make $10 payment per player attending clinic
Frederick Parker and/or Karina Diaz